Get ready for a lot of unpopular opinions! My top Marvel movies will definitely not look like everyone else’s. However, I do want to make an argument for some of these films. Ranking Marvel movies is a tough task. They all bring something to the table in their own way.
Top Marvel Movies
- Avengers: Endgame – Endgame was the perfect finish to the Infinity Saga. It had a lot of ground to cover and they did it well. I never thought I could get emotional in a theater but I did. The final battle was a sight to see. Overall, it captured everything good about Marvel and was a great movie.
- Avengers: Infinity War – This may be a random thing to point out but the musical score to this movie is perfect. The final scenes were more gut-wrenching because of it. Infinity War was a rollercoaster and just left you feeling sad and numb at the end. On a good day, I would prefer it over Endgame.
- Captain America: Civil War – Civil War could’ve just been another Avengers movie. This movie sets up the team’s division in Infinity War. I feel like you can see all the heroes at their best in this movie. Their battle against each other is one of the most fun scenes to watch.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Maybe because I love music so much, but this is one of my favorite movies in general. It’s such a funny movie and they’re not your typical heroes. Guardians of the Galaxy deserves more love.
- Black Panther – I left the theater after Black Panther ready to go the gym and train. This movie has power written all over it. Black Panther is one of the MCU’s best origin story movies. It sets up the character so well and has an amazing soundtrack.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – Yes, I just love Guardians of the Galaxy. I do think Vol. 2 does a better job at diving into the characters and developing them. The story was easy to resonate with and little Groot was adorable. And yes, the music was great.
- The Avengers – The one that kicked the Avengers movies off. There is something so great about seeing them come together and realize they can do good. It’s such a good movie with good battles and reminds you of the simpler times before Thanos ruins it all.
- Spider-Man: Homecoming – I love Spider-Man. Y’all can disagree but Tom Holland embodies Peter Parker and Spider-Man so well. I will say that the movie isn’t the most action packed but it’s a fun watch.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Rewatching all the movies made me realize I like Captain America. This movie solidifies Captain America’s strengths and weaknesses. He’s a wholesome guy trying to do what’s right. Plus, this movie offers some twists which are always entertaining.
- Thor Ragnorak – A controversial choice. I feel like a lot of people dismissed this because Thor: The Dark World was so forgettable. Ragnorak is funny, visually stunning, and we see Thor realize his true power. Plus, it ends where Infinity War starts so it’s a must watch.
I do want to give an honorable mention to Ant-Man because I genuinely like those films and find them funny.
Do you agree or disagree? Which are your favorite Marvel movies?