Thank you to Smile Brilliant for partnering with me for this post.
Two years ago I got braces. Being a young adult with braces is not easy and I was so happy when I finally got them off. But then I realized straight teeth was only half of the battle. I also needed to make sure to keep them shiny and white. This is where Smile Brilliant comes in. Smile Brilliant is a teeth whitener that makes trays fitted for your teeth so you can get the best results. I used to use whitening strips and it was so difficult to keep on my teeth and actually caused me pain. Smile Brilliant trays were a great alternative to this. Here is how I take care of my smile.
Smile Brilliant sends you a package that contains all the things you need. It comes with a catalyst and base paste and a mold so you can make the impressions for your teeth. Plus, they include a pre-paid postage so it’s so easy to send back. It also includes the whitening gel and the desensitizing gel and they will send back your custom trays when they’re ready. It’s super easy to use. You put a layer of gel on your trays and put them on and you give it an hour or two and you’re done!
I used my trays at night and were easy to use. Besides strips, all I would use is brightening toothpaste so I didn’t know what would work best for me. After a few uses, I did see a difference with Smile Brilliant!
My teeth have gotten somewhat sensitive and this was so gentle on my teeth! I think it’s great that it also comes with a desensitizing gel because you can put that on after and it will help if your teeth feel sensitive. I like that it was a soft tray that stayed on your teeth because I know that when I put on strips and if they had to be adjusted it would get unsticky so having trays that fit helps a lot.
My biggest issue with this was the time. I’m always out and about due to work and school so dedicating one to two hours everyday was a bit hard because of my schedule. The process was also a bit slower for me. I did drink coffee everyday and I wasn’t going to give that up so that’s something to keep in mind.
I think Smile Brilliant is a great option for teeth whitening! At-home teeth whitening can always be hard when you have sensitive teeth and this has great options to minimize that. If you have the time to go through it, it will be amazing for you and you will get results.
Don’t forget to check out Smile Brilliant! Get 15% off by using my code: adrianarenee15
ALSO: Enter to win $149 Smile Brilliant credit by entering here! You have one week to enter and it’s open to USA, UK, Australia, and Canada! Good luck!
Tooth Whitening Gel
I love spring because everything feels so fresh and happy. People think the new year is the perfect time to start over, but I think spring is. The sun is shining and everything just seems so much better. I’m always excited when spring rolls around because there’s so much to do. Here’s how to get ready for spring.
Clean, clean, clean! There’s a reason spring cleaning is a thing. This will help clear our your life physically and mentally. So much junk gets accumulated and this is the perfect time to just get rid of it. Consider donating clothes to a shelter and recycling! This is the perfect time to just go through everything and get rid of some things.
Make Some Time
Once the sun is out, there is so much more to do. Set some time to hang out with friends or even just spend time by yourself. Weather-wise, spring is amazing because it’s not too hot and not too cold so there’s so many activities to do. But also, people are more freed up if they have their routine down. It’s so easy to get busier when it’s not cold all the time but make sure to take some time to just breathe.
People always think that the new year is the perfect time to start something but spring time is too! The weather is better, birds are chirping, and it’s just good vibes all around. It might be easier to take on a new hobby and try something new. It’s never too late to start!
How do you get ready for spring?
Life and culture is always something that is amazing to see on TV. Being Hispanic, I love embracing my culture and seeing others. There’s a lot of different experiences we all have. The Chi feels real. It is showing how people live in Chicago and the experiences that happen there. The Chi is available on SHOWTIME streaming so you can watch it commercial free and you don’t need a cable subscription! Trust me, you’re not even going to want to push pause once you start watching.
Coming from minority groups can be tough when we’re trying to rise up. There’s a lot of family ties and societal ties that hold us to the past. The Chi tries to navigate all that and looks at the lives of different people trying to survive in Chicago and break away for the barriers placed on them.
One of the characters that resonated with me was Brandon. He’s pushing to strive for better and has big dreams of opening a restaurant. But his mom keeps coming into his life and it’s almost like a thorn at his side and with a tragedy, he has to push through his circumstances to reach his dreams.
Coming from a family of immigrants, I’ve always wanted to reach for more. I was born in East LA, which is not the prettiest part of Los Angeles. Sometimes it’s really hard because there are struggles and expectations others put on you, but we need to break out from the molds people assume from us.
The Chi doesn’t shy away from the hard topics and that’s a good thing. It’s showing life as it truly happens. That’s needed on TV. It’s fun to get whisked away to magical stories but sometimes it’s really good to just see a show that’s real.
Have you seen The Chi?
streaming service using my code: THECHI30 and watch The Chi! You can watch anywhere! On your phone, tablet, you name it. Don’t miss out!
March is my birthday month! This year I’m turning 25, which is a big milestone. It’s a little scary because it’s a number that reminds me that I’m getting older. But that means I’m becoming more aware of my choices and doing things that will really be helpful for me. So here’s 24 things I learned in my 24 years so far. Every year is pushing me to new things.
24 Things I Learned in 24 Years
- Being healthy is okay: I was one of those people who made jokes all the time about why I hated working out but now that I’m doing it, I feel so much better! My body is getting stronger and I overall feel more energetic. It’s one of the best choices I’ve made.
- My spiritual life is very important: God is enough. God is all I need. I am enough in Him.
- I like routine: People my age either live spontaneously or have their lives together. But I actually like routine and it’s okay to not live at the spur of the moment all the time.
- It’s okay not to know: I get anxious when I don’t know what is going on. But I don’t have to know everything so I need to sit back and relax.
- It doesn’t matter if you’re first: Sometimes you just have to take a beat to do things and that’s okay. It happens.
- Embrace change: Change always scares me but it happens. You just have to go with it.
- Driving isn’t so bad: I HATED driving but recently I’ve founded so peaceful. There’s nothing like a good playlist and a long drive.
- Maybe it’s just FOMO: There’s always another thing to be part of. Chill.
- Speak up: Don’t try to please everyone and stay quiet. Say what’s on your mind.
- Don’t worry about seeming lame: Cool things will always fade a way. Just do you.
- Self-care is awesome: Taking care of yourself should always be a priority.
- Saving money is okay: I know people are out there buying the latest thing but saving is okay.
- Good friends are out there: They may be hard to find sometimes but they are there when you look.
- You can’t change how others think: Let people be and let them do them. You focus on you.
- Risks can work out great: Life has been wild simply because I decided to say yes to something but it’s lead me to great things.
- Vegetables don’t all suck: Eating healthy is still hard but I don’t completely hate vegetables.
- Learn when to let go: It’s always been hard for me to let things go because I think I can salvage them but sometimes it’s for the best.
- Lay down your pride: Staying humble is always better than boasting a big ego.
- Encourage people: You never know when someone really needs an encouraging word. Spread the love.
- Don’t assume: It’s always better to ask or to learn about something than assume it is a certain way.
- A good sleep schedule is important: I’ve always been a night owl but having a good sleep schedule has been amazing.
- Stop apologizing: If you believe or feel something, don’t apologize for feeling that way.
- I’m an extroverted introvert: You’ll catch me at my loudest, around people and at my quietest where I want to be alone. It’s a weird thing but it’s a thing.
- Find your joy: Things will never be 100% perfect so find things that will bring you joy.
What are your tips to brand new 25 year olds?
Post contains affiliate links.
February was a good month but I’m glad it’s over because March is my birthday month! I hate saying this but February flew by fast! Seriously, every year seems to go by faster and faster. Here’s February in Review.
– I’m trying to get back into my skincare game. I wanted a cheap face mask so I got the Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask. It’s so affordable and a little goes a long way. It’s made my skin feel so refreshed!
– I’m trying to get makeup that is travel friendly so let me know what’s some of your favorites!
– Y’all! Black Panther was amazing. I love Marvel and Black Panther was just an amazing addition to the cinematic universe. Also, the soundtrack is just as good.
– I started doing monthly Spotify playlist so if you want to listen to what’s in my current playlist, check it out here. There’s a wide variety of things.
– I’m starting my fitness journey! I talked a bit about this on my channel. But I definitely want to get stronger and healthier. It also led to me join a ballet class again!
– I’m starting my last session of grad school and I am so excited! I just need to push through and I won’t have homework ever again.
Around the Web
– So I cut my bangs and I blame cute Instagrammers. Alice Catherine is one of my faves right now. Love her hair and style!
– P.S. I want to find new vloggers to watch so leave me your recommendations!
What’s new with you this month?
Catch up with the other months: Jan