2019 felt slow yet so fast and full of things. This year was jampacked with a lot of movies and shows. It definitely made it hard to get it all in! I will make a disclosure that these are my personal picks! I’ve been trying to see things I wouldn’t usually watch so here’s my choices of best tv and movies of 2019.
Best of TV
I’m really weird when it comes to shows. Either I watch a new show and binge-watch or I watch something I’ve already seen. Yes, I did do another rewatch The Office this year. Here’s what was on my top watches.
- Stranger Things season 3 was way better than season 2. It captured a decade so well and got the thrills.
- I recently discovered Schitt’s Creek and it’s so funny. It’s more of a steady watch like something to have in the background but it’s great.
- The Act was based on a real-life story. The show does a good enough job (always with some changes) to tell the story and it’s interesting.
- Baby Yoda has taken over and we can blame The Mandalorian for that. The show is great and even if you’re not familiar with Star Wars, it’s a great watch.
- Umbrella Academy is so good I rewatched it three times and more people need to know about it.
- I can’t believe I barely started watching The Good Place. It is so funny, I would say a Parks and Recreation level. By far my favorite show this year.
Best of Movies
I feel like this year was full of movies. But again, I either found myself rewatching stuff I already have or picks I knew I would like. Here are my top movie choices for the year.
- Avengers: Endgame was the biggest and it’s because it was amazing. I definitely cried in the theater and it was perfect.
- I’m a huge Spider-Man fan and Spider-Man: Far from Home is one of the best adaptations. Not only do we see the aftermath of the snap, but it’s such a charming, fun movie.
- The Farewell is one of those movies that I didn’t hear much about but should’ve had more attention. It deals with a family hearing about their grandmother’s cancer and the difference between the East and the West.
- I love movies that involve music and not just like a musical. Yesterday had such a unique storyline, where it’s a world no one remembers The Beatles except one guy. It’s an uplifting movie. One of my favorites!
Here were my best TV and Movies of 2019!
What were some of your favorite TV shows and movies this year?
Check out more entertainment posts here.