We’re finally heading into the fall season and I could not be happier. Fall is one of my favorite seasons and I’m ready for crisp leaves and chilly weather. August was another of those months this year that went by too quickly. It was calm that allowed time for reflection. I’m excited to wrap up the year. Here’s August in review.
– Candles! Yankee Candle has a 60% off sale for their birthday this month and I bought two large jar candles and I’m so happy. I got a coffee smell for fall and I’m mentally preparing for Christmas with a Christmas Cookie candle. So happy to have them fill the air of my room.
– I’m a curly hair girl. But lately, I’ve been straightening my hair and I’m loving it. It’s so different for me but I like the look. This means I have to find products and tips to make my hair look silky smooth.
– I started watching Once Upon a Time and it’s a lot. This show retells a lot of classic fairytales in their own way. But it’s wild. There’s always something happening and it gets stressing. I’ve been binge-watching and I’m already halfway through the series.
– I also started rewatching The Office. This show is like a warm hug. It is the type of show that I can never go wrong with. If I’m sad or having a good day, The Office is a go-to. I’m getting close to the end of the series and it makes me sad regardless of how many times I’ve already seen it.
– August was super chill for me. I had to settle back into my everyday routine. July was fun and busy so August is where the dust settled. I tried to get back into my workout routine and my day to day. It’s been an adjustment.
Around the Web
– Over on YouTube, I’ve been watching Lessons from the Screenplay. This guy explains scripts of movies and how it turned into great storytelling. It’s a great channel if you love films and behind the scenes of it all.
What’s new with you this month?