If you’ve been reading my blog for a while then you would know that I love lists and challenges so here goes my 25 before turning 25. I’m also kind of over being 24. It’s such a random age. I feel like you’re neither here nor there. I have around 8 months until I turn 25. SO instead of just moping around thinking about how I’m getting older and now actually like HGTV, here’s some things I want to work on before I’m 25, which you can follow too.
[Tweet “25 things to do before you’re 25.”]
25 Before 25
- Take a long drive by myself: I have a love hate relationship with driving. I hate it but once I’m driving I love it. I usually don’t go far so I want to take a long drive for fun.
- Cook at least 5 good meals: I can cook really small things but not an actual dinner meal so I have to do that.
- Do a pilgrimage to all my favorite/meaningful places: There’s a lot of places that I love that I haven’t been too in a long time. I want to go back and just reminisce and see how far I’ve come.
- Become more minimal: I have a lot of things and it recently hit me that I don’t need things to be happy. So I definitely want to focus on a more minimal way of life.
- Do some deep cleaning: On that same note, I need to go and clean out everything I own. That means even letting go things I love but really don’t need.
- Be healthy: I’ve been on a good health kick and I just need to stay that way. As much as I love fries, I shouldn’t have them all the time.
- Stay on budget: Grad school loans really threw me off but it got me to focus on creating a budget and paying off debts.
- Give more: If I am going to do something with my money I want to do more meaningful things than just buying myself as new outfit so I want to focus on being more charitable.
- Have a small trip: Even if it means renting a hotel in Palm Springs for a weekend, I am down for it.
- Learn to say no: I have a hard time saying no because I feel like I don’t want to disappoint people or add too much on my plate. But I really need to learn to say it so I don’t get stuck doing things I’m not happy with.
- Go to a concert for artists I’m not familiar with: I love live shows so I want to just go and enjoy it in a new way.
- Have a karaoke night: Honestly, I don’t know what’s with me and karaoke but I want to try it.
- Get serious about photography (and vlogging): I have all the right tools but I don’t use them. I need to give myself time to grow and practice and start creating more.
- Call people or just call in general: Yes, I am one of those people who hate phone calls. But it’s sometimes the best way to communicate with people so I need to at least somehow beat that fear.
- Take care of a plant: I really want to be more responsible and want to get a dog soon, so to get me in the mood I want to be able to keep a plant alive.
- Fix my sleep schedule: I honestly don’t remember when the last time I went to sleep at a normal time was. I love sleep so I need to let go of my night owl side and fix this.
- Try a fashion style that’s different: I’m usually pretty casual or just wear black so I want to step out of my comfort zone and see what I can pull off.
- Do anything crazy out of my comfort zone: Literally anything. I’m an introvert so hanging outside of my house with people is already a big move. But I want to try out tons of new things.
- Start a tradition: I’m a fan of consistency so having a tradition is 1) fun and 2) consistent. I don’t what it will be but I know it will be great.
- Start one of my ideas: I have a long list of things I want to do and just tucked them into my journal. I want to pick one and just run with it and see where it goes.
- Finish a journal: I have two journals for two different purposes but I haven’t finished either so I need to get on that.
- Become a regular somewhere: It’s kind of fun when people remember your name so I hope I can get at that level somewhere.
- Learn to do basic repairs: From simple house repairs to changing my car tire, I need to learn a couple things so I’m not completely hopeless.
- Learn to cut my losses and go: I’m an overthinker and I tend to hold on and dwell on a lot of things. As I get older I just want to move on from things that won’t work.
- Treat yo self: Seriously, I’ve said no to a lot of things over the years but I’m at the point that I want to splurge a bit. Nothing crazy just like buying myself a good meal every once in the while because food is life anyway.
What’s something you suggest is good to do before you’re 25?