March is my birthday month! This year I’m turning 25, which is a big milestone. It’s a little scary because it’s a number that reminds me that I’m getting older. But that means I’m becoming more aware of my choices and doing things that will really be helpful for me. So here are 24 things I learned in my 24 years so far. Every year is pushing me to new things.
24 Things I Learned in 24 Years
- Being healthy is okay: I was one of those people who made jokes all the time about why I hated working out but now that I’m doing it, I feel so much better! My body is getting stronger and I overall feel more energetic. It’s one of the best choices I’ve made.
- My spiritual life is very important: God is enough. God is all I need. I am enough in Him.
- I like routine: People my age either live spontaneously or have their lives together. But I actually like routine and it’s okay to not live at the spur of the moment all the time.
- It’s okay not to know: I get anxious when I don’t know what is going on. But I don’t have to know everything so I need to sit back and relax.
- It doesn’t matter if you’re first: Sometimes you just have to take a beat to do things and that’s okay. It happens.
- Embrace change: Change always scares me but it happens. You just have to go with it.
- Driving isn’t so bad: I HATED driving but recently I’ve found so peaceful. There’s nothing like a good playlist and a long drive.
- Maybe it’s just FOMO: There’s always another thing to be part of. Chill.
- Speak up: Don’t try to please everyone and stay quiet. Say what’s on your mind.
- Don’t worry about seeming lame: Cool things will always fade away. Just do you.
- Self-care is awesome: Taking care of yourself should always be a priority.
- Saving money is okay: I know people are out there buying the latest thing but saving is okay.
- Good friends are out there: They may be hard to find sometimes but they are there when you look.
- You can’t change how others think: Let people be and let them do them. You focus on you.
- Risks can work out great: Life has been wild simply because I decided to say yes to something but it’s lead me to great things.
- Vegetables don’t all suck: Eating healthy is still hard but I don’t completely hate vegetables.
- Learn when to let go: It’s always been hard for me to let things go because I think I can salvage them but sometimes it’s for the best.
- Lay down your pride: Staying humble is always better than boasting a big ego.
- Encourage people: You never know when someone really needs an encouraging word. Spread the love.
- Don’t assume: It’s always better to ask or to learn about something than assume it is a certain way.
- A good sleep schedule is important: I’ve always been a night owl but having a good sleep schedule has been amazing.
- Stop apologizing: If you believe or feel something, don’t apologize for feeling that way.
- I’m an extroverted introvert: You’ll catch me at my loudest, around people and at my quietest where I want to be alone. It’s a weird thing but it’s a thing.
- Find your joy: Things will never be 100% perfect so find things that will bring you joy.
What are your tips to brand new 25-year-olds?