Okay friends, if you haven’t noticed, I love making lists and goals. When I turned 21 I did something along these lines but just for my birthday month, but for this new birthday year, I’m taking it further. 23 things are going to be sort of like a small bucket list for my 23 years. Simple right? I really just like lists and feeling like I’m working towards something.
A lot of these things will be specific to things I am realizing in my life and need to work on now that I’m getting older, sigh. A lot of it is mostly on the self-care side, and I feel like writing it out is kind of like accountability. So without rambling more, here is what I want to work towards this new year! P.S. My birthday is March 5th, in case y’all were wondering.
- Sleep at a decent hour – I’m a night owl but it’s starting to take its toll on me and I feel so sluggish all the time. So I am going to start working towards getting myself into a decent sleep schedule.
- Have a skin care routine – So I suck at taking care of my face. I literally put nothing on it and I can tell that my skin is suffering. So I will start getting a routine going to take care of it.
- Master makeup – I love makeup, but it recently I’ve gotten engrossed in it and I am so determined to get good at it. I mean, who doesn’t want to look flawless?
- Eat well – I started off well but I go to Dairy Queen way too often, so I need to stop now and focus on a healthier lifestyle.
- Continue lettering – Hand lettering is fun but I know I go days without practicing. I need to stay consistent with this.
- Hair care – My hair has definitely suffered, so I’m going to take some time to treat it instead of constantly trying to kill it.
- Monitor my spending – I love using Mint but I feel like I only get the thrill of saving when I’m on it and when I’m at the store everything is fair game. I need to chill and realize that bills exists and I need to start adding to my savings.
- Be intentional – I want to start intentionally caring and showing a loving side to the people around me and show them I truly care. My natural setting is indifference so that has to change.
- Dress up – I love clothes and I have a closet full, yet I seem to always go for leggings and an oversized shirt. I need to stop looking like a hobo and actually try a bit to look more presentable.
- Read more blogs – I have a few blogs I follow but I definitely want to follow a lot more and keep up with. Drop your links if you want, which I know you do.
- Cut down social media – I’M LOOKING AT YOU TWITTER. I don’t think social media is bad as people make it seem to be, but I definitely think I need to reduce it so it’s not a major part of my life.
- Clean out social media – As a blogger, I tend to follow a lot of people but then everything seems cluttered and I feel like I tend to miss things from some people. So I want to make sure I only follow what I enjoy.
- Read 5 new books – I’m constantly reading, but I am finding that lately, I’ve been rereading old books. That has to change, so drop those book suggestions in the comments.
- Drive more – I HATE driving. It stressed me out. If something requires getting there by the freeway, I won’t even go. I need to at least drive somewhere.
- Cook a meal – I know how to do potato scallops and that’s it. So I need to open up my horizon and make some food.
- Do one new thing – This is anything goes. So whatever comes at me, I’m down.
- Self-control – If a lot of the previous things didn’t give you that vibe, let me tell you that I have no self-control. Should I eat mass amounts of ice cream? No. But do I do it? Yes. Do I need to shop at Sephora again? NO. This is just an overall thing to help me get myself focus and get control of myself.
- Stay positive – Since I do default to indifference, I tend to see the bleaker side of things. I’ve learned to not have high hopes, which is something I need to completely turn around.
- Start Bible journaling and focus – I got a journaling Bible that I definitely need to put to more use. I usually use my Bible app, but there’s something about holding it in print. I need to start getting artsy with it and focusing on my relationship with God.
- Stop with laziness – Look, if you made me choose between taking a walk or watching The Office in my cozy bed, the latter will always win. I don’t mean that just about activities, I’m slow like a sloth. I need to work on that.
- Embrace adultness – Being a young adult is this limbo of feeling young and old at the same time. Although I use that as an excuse, it’s time to put on my big girl pants and start embracing being an adult.
- Find a signature thing – Lipstick, scent, catchphrase, an outfit? Anything goes, I just want to find the thing that I can say is my thing.
- Enjoy it and don’t overthink – My word for this year is joy and I’ve been sort of doing it. I want to focus on just living life and being joyful regardless of what may happen.
I seriously love birthdays. Do you enjoy them or dread them as you get older? Have any tips for me on any of my goals? Let me know!